In this article, we will show you how to create your own project in Google Cloud Console and a custom OAuth client. This is useful for connecting restricted Google services (e.g. Google Drive, or Gmail) to Integromat.
Follow these steps to create a custom OAuth client for Google services:
1. Sign in to Google Cloud Platform using your Google credentials.
2. Open the Dashboard and Click the CREATE PROJECT button.
3. Enter the desired project name and click the CREATE button.
4. Click the ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES button.
5. Type the name of the service you would like to use (for example Gmail API, or Google Drive API) in the Search for APIs & Services field.
6. The desired service option should display as you type. Click on the API/service you want to connect to Integromat.
7. Click the ENABLE button to enable the selected API.
8. Click on the CREATE CREDENTIALS button.
9. Open OAuth consent screen settings, choose the External option, and click the CREATE button.
10. Fill the required fields as follows and then click the Save button:
Enter the name of the app asking for consent.
|Scopes for Google APIs||
Click the Add scope button to open the Add scope dialog.
Add required scopes for the Google service you want to connect to Integromat.
The list of required scopes:
11. Open the Credentials settings page.
12. Click the +CREATE CREDENTIALS button and select the OAuth client ID option.
13. Fill the required fields as follows and then click the CREATE button to create the application:
|Authorized redirect URIs||
Add one of the following URI:
14. A dialog containing the app's Client ID and Client Secret is displayed.
15. Go to Integromat and open the Create a connection dialog of the desired Google module (e.g. Gmail or Google Drive) and open the advanced settings by clicking the Show advanced settings checkbox.
16. Enter the Client ID and Client Secret you have retrieved in step 14 (above) to the respective fields and click Continue.
17. Sign in with your Google account.
18. The This app isn't verified window appears.
Click on the Advanced link and then on the Go to Integromat (unsafe) link to allow access using your custom OAuth client.
19. Click Allow to grant Integromat permission.
20. Click the Allow button to confirm your choices.
Congratulations! The connection to the desired Google service using a custom OAuth client has been established.
If this error message is displayed, you haven't enabled the corresponding API in your Google Cloud Platform.
To enable the API, please follow step 4, step 5, step 6 and step 7 as described above.