Getting started with Zendesk
To use any of the Zendesk modules, you need to connect your Zendesk account to Integromat.
Connecting the Zendesk service to Integromat
- Start by creating a new client in Zendesk. In Zendesk, navigate to CHANNELS -> API, click on OAuth Clients and select Add a client. This will open a form for creating a new client.
- Complete the following fields:
- Client Name: Enter a client name for your identification.
- Unique Identifier: This field is auto-populated. You can change it if you want. Make sure you write down this identifier. Integromat will ask you to enter it when creating the connection.
- Redirect URLs:
- Write down also the Secret value. You will need it for creating the connection. Clicking the Save button will create the client. Now, you can create the connection by following the general instructions Connecting to services. In the Unique Identifier and Secret fields enter the respective values that you have written down earlier. Integromat will then redirect you to the Zendesk website where you will be prompted to grant Integromat access to your account:
Here, allow access by clicking the Allow button. Afterwards, you will be redirected back to the Integromat administration page. Now, you can continue creating your scenario.
Editing a ticket
Before you edit a ticket using the Edit a ticket action, make sure that the ticket does not contain any dropdown fields that shall remain unchanged. If you leave these fields empty, they will be rewritten with default values. You first need to find out the current values of these fields and map them in the settings of the Edit a ticket action. You can get the current values of the dropdown fields from the results of the Watch tickets trigger or Search tickets action.
- Upload the Attachment using the Zendesk > Upload attachments module:
- Use the Zendesk > Create a comment module and configure it like this:
"body": "Write your reply or comment here.",