Getting started with Zendesk
To use any of the Zendesk modules, you need to connect your Zendesk account to Integromat.
Connecting the Zendesk service to Integromat
To setup the connection between Integromat and Zendesk, create an OAuth Client in Zendesk. Here is a step-by-step guide:
- Sign into Zendesk.
- Click on the cogwheel icon in the bottom of the left menu panel.
- Scroll down to the CHANNELS section and click on the API link:
- If a consent screen shows up, tick the I agree to the... checkbox and click on the Get started button:
- Switch to the OAuth Clients tab and start the creation of the new OAuth Client by clicking on the button with the plus sign:
- Fill the form as follows:
||This field is auto-populated, but you may change it if you want.
- Click on the Save button in the right bottom corner.
- Confirm the Please store the secret that will appear dialog.
- The app will be created and its properties will be shown. DO NOT CLOSE THE PAGE - the values shown will be needed to setup your Zendesk connection in Integromat.
- In Integromat, insert a Zendesk module in your scenario and click on the Add button next to the Connection field.
- Fill the Create a connection form as follows:
See Connecting to services for further details on connection setup in general.
||Your Zendesk domain that appears in your browser's address bar before
.zendesk.com. If the full domain name is e.g.
integromat.zendesk.com then fill just
||Copy and paste the content of the Unique Identifier field from page shown in step 9.
||Copy and paste the content of the Secret field from page shown in step 9.
- Click on the Continue button.
- Integromat will then show a popup window where you will be prompted to grant Integromat access to your Zendesk account:
- Here, allow access by clicking the Allow button and the popup window will close.
The connection has been successfully created and you can now continue configuring your Zendesk module.
Editing a ticket
Before you edit a ticket using the Edit a ticket action, make sure that the ticket does not contain any dropdown fields that shall remain unchanged. If you leave these fields empty, they will be rewritten with default values. You first need to find out the current values of these fields and map them in the settings of the Edit a ticket action. You can get the current values of the dropdown fields from the results of the Watch tickets trigger or Search tickets action.
- Upload the Attachment using the Zendesk > Upload attachments module:
- Use the Zendesk > Create a comment module and configure it like this:
"body": "Write your reply or comment here.",